The annual Westlake Hills Westie Awards were held at the Hotel Granduca on February 3, 2017, with winners of the awards announced at the luncheon. Created by the Westlake Hills Chamber of Commerce, the awards honor the “best and brightest members of our community for their efforts over the past year,” focusing on community, philanthropic, and economic impact in the Westlake area.
Here are this year’s winners of the 2017 Westlake Hills Westie Awards:
- 2016 Young Citizen: Jamie Malone
- 2016 New Business of the Year: Smoothie King
- 2016 Business of the Year: Trianon Coffee
- 2016 First Responder of the Year: Westlake Fire Department
- 2016 Non-Profit of the Year: Pop-Up Birthday
- 2016 Educator of the Year: Karen Linder, Kindergarten teacher at Forest Trail Elementary
- 2016 Citizen of the Year: Amy King
Congratulations to the winners and the finalists!
Photo courtesy Westlake Hills Chamber of Commerce website.