The Educational Results Partnership and the Institute for Productivity in Education has named six schools in the Eanes Independent School District to the 2016 Texas Honor Roll. The elementary, middle, and high school campuses were chosen out of 727 public schools as high achievement leaders for student success.
The honored campuses include Barton Creek Elementary, Bridge Point Elementary, Forest Trail Elementary, Hill Country Middle School, West Ridge Middle School, and Westlake High School.
The Honor Roll program is part of a national effort “to identify higher-performing schools and highlight successful practices that improve outcomes for students.” The Honor Roll is designed to recognize individual schools that demonstrate a consistently high level of academic achievement, improvement over time in that achievement, and reduction in any achievement gaps. It also recognizes college readiness for schools with high school students.
Common success factors among recognized schools, according to ERP:
- learning objectives that are clear and specific and aligned to college and career readiness
- instructional practices that are evidence based
- system-wide, established missions of college and career readiness for all students
- investments in human capital
- data and assessment systems that are maintained to monitor both school and student performance
- resource and guidance deployment to support the schools’ efforts to prepare all students for college and for career
“These Honor Roll schools are clearly improving outcomes for their students, as the academic data show,” said Charles Miller, chairman of IPE in a press release.
Read a list of all the Honor Roll schools and districts in Texas.